Time for another top ten! This time, it’s signs I might be a little bit tired from working night shifts!
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love my job! But, the 12-hour night shifts do occasionally get to me a little… 🙂
10. I drove home all the way on the highway in 4th gear. The Pathfinder has 5 gears, I just forgot to shift that last time, and didn’t even notice how high the revs were.
9. I wrote January on something in March.
8. I have been forgetting to brush my teeth, more often than I’d like to admit.
7. I can’t listen to the radio on the drive home; it’s just too distracting. I need all my concentration to drive.
6. I get very heavy eyelids, crossed eyes, and seriously risk falling asleep if I don’t drive with anything to help me keep awake. The solution: singing along with my favourite songs on my iPhone.
5. When I get home, I just can’t seem to park in the right spot. Day after day, I end up a little too far forward, then too far left, then too far back, then too far right… (One time, I almost backed into the house!)
4. I have difficulty getting my front door open. Hand-eye co-ordination not working so well.
3. After putting PJ’s on, I just cannot bear to put my clothes away properly. They lie in a crumpled heap on the floor for a few days until I can face them.
2. The day after I did some laundry, I discover that I forgot to take a third of the pile or so. Just plain forgot. So I have to do a small load so that it’s all done.
… and the number 1 reason I know I’m waaaay too tired after a night shift:
1. Just can’t talk. Words not forming. Can’t think of the word. Can’t think. Can’t… what?