Hi everyone! I got my mail yesterday, and I was quite excited to see two things in it – a package from Steve (I knew it was coming, and was anticipating its arrival) and the Big Deal Bulletin. The Big Deal Bulletin is a booklet printed every 2 weeks, based out of La Crete (about an hour east of High Level), with all kinds of ads: classifieds, notice of sales, and various advertisements. It’s great! I thought I would share a few of the items with you, ’cause they made me giggle [my notes in square brackets]:
– FOR SALE: 6 cows (4 first timers, 2 older) – $850.00; Also, 1 bull. Call …. [Sounds to me like everything you need to start your own herd!!]
– FOUND! Tackle box at Wall’s Landing. Call…..
– FOR SALE: 2001 Dodge Neon for parts – $700 Call Gordon …. [at least he’s honest!]
– Butcher Hogs for sale – Call Rowan at …. [ 🙂 ]
– Universal Gym for sale: The Universal Gym at LCPS [La Crete Public School] is 90% complete with only a few pieces missing. Open to offers. Bids close Oct 31/06. Best offer takes it! For viewing or questions, call Tim at: …. (school) or …. (home)
– FOUND! Big brown horse w/ black mane. Wandered into our yard 2 weeks ago. Call ….
– Firewood to Give Away! Stacked in piles, ready to cut. Call Dave … [and a few pages later…]
– High Quality Firewood for Sale: Cut, split & stacked late last winter. Poplar 5 different lengths ready to burn. Prices starting at $45.00/longbox truckload, delivery extra. Call Daniel…
– Employment Opportunity: Experienced processor operator for High Level area, from October – April. Fax to:…. or call: …. [my question is, what are they supposed to be operating? Am I just stupid for not knowing?!?!?]
– MISSING ROTTWEILER!! Harli is a 10mo. old female. She went missing sometime between Sat. Sept. 24 @ 4 pm. from our farm 2 miles South of 58/88 junction (10 miles north of Fort Vermilion @ Cam’s Automotive sign) Harli has health problems that require special care. We are offering a cash reward for any information that will help us find her safe & sound. Call Cameron…
– Looking for: Log Truck Driver, off-road, High Level area. Call Raymond….
There are also various trucks, sporting equipment, appliances, houses, house-trailers, sections and parcels of land for sale and rent. It’s pretty wild! It’s obviously THE PLACE to advertise in High Level or La Crete! 🙂
That’s it for now! Take care everybody, and have a great weekend!